Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Americans In Paris

I didn't have to wait long to make this post - an extra special thanks to clo at tFS for scanning this editorial so quickly! Daria appears in six pages in the May 2010 issue of Vogue US photographed by Mario Testino.

Americans In Paris
Vogue US May 2010
Daria Werbowy by Mario Testino

 

First glance at this and I just knew it had Marie-Amélie Sauvé's styling written all over it. Or in this case ... styled? Marie-Amélie Sauvé, who once used to be my favourite stylist at Vogue Paris, have moved over to the American counterpart and left a slightly Parisian stamp on her work. I for one, couldn't be more ecstatic.

I've been waiting years for Daria to appear in somemthing like this. Yes, I am aware that not all Parisians wear berets and trailing capes and the this editorial if full of cliched ideas but thats just exactly why I love it. Maybe its the francophile in me but I love everything in this editorial.  I can distincltly remember walking down the same streets last summer ... and anything with a vague Jane Birkin reference is enough to win me over. I wonder if Daria cut her bangs for this editorial? I think an obligatory Jane Birkin picspam is in order.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment