Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Look Back

Nine months of no updates (I don't know how some of you still came to visit but thank you so much!) and I've finally caught up on most of Daria's work. From my calculations there have been:

17 Editorials
10 Covers
9 Interviews
8 Ad Campaigns
6 Public Appearances
3 Runway Shows (!!)
2 Calendars

I have to say, looking back at the photos from the past year I am mostly suprised by a couple of things. First, Daria walking in three shows in such a small time space! We all know she isn't a major runway presence anymore but nevertheless it was great to see her walking in Paris and New York! If anything it just shows her allegiance to designers and photographers. She walked for Tom Ford who she worked really closely with during 2003-2004 (who can forget her Fall 2004 campaign under Tom Ford's direction), the Hakaan show which is under the creative direction of Mert Alas of photographers Mert & Marcus who love photographing Daria and of course another appearance at Daria's favourite - Balmain.


Another surprise was seeing Daria at an actual event! Nonetheless it was for Lancome but it was  cute seeing her pose with Kate Winslet and Mario Testino on the red carpet, completely oblivious to the makeup and fancy dresses that her colleagues wore. I still don't understand how a spokesperson for a makeup brand can show up to an event without so much as a bit of mascara!


I've also noticed the rise of the beach editorial. It seems like more than anything Daria has become super comfortable with showing her body. So much so, that whenever I got the chance to see any new pictures I was surprised that they constantly lacked any, well, clothing! But the images I've seen are beautiful and the portray Daria as the person, rather than just another model.
But perhaps one of my favourite news was Daria as the face of Celines Spring Summer 2011 ad campaign! I've been a huge fan of creative director Phoebe Philo since her days at Chloe and I love her work at Celine. The campaign, photographed by Juergen Teller was just so cool! And to see Daria with a skateboard was even better - coming from a fellow boarder I wish I looked that cool travelling around campus.


Blablabla, enough about my rambles. I'll update the site with the newest images ASAP but for now I'll just post on new things to keep the site less redundant. Also congratulations to anyone that read this far into the post, but I just felt the need to comment a bit on what has happened in Daria's career!

No comments:

Post a Comment