Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Harper's Bazaar US February 2014

If the Celine campaign from yesterday deserved three exclamation marks then this post would warrant at least a paragraph of them. Never in a million years did I think Daria would land a US Harper's Bazaar cover but she does just that in the February 2014 issue. 


I have to say that in the years (almost 7!) I've spent running this site I would have never guessed Daria would have landed a Harper's Bazaar cover. If anything I'd think it would have been more likeyly during her 2004 heyday when she landed the September 2004 cover of Vogue.

I feel like in the past year the dynamics around the magazine industry have certainly started to shift. People just don't seem to be as enamoured with the celebrity as they were in the decade post 9/11. Last year Kate Upton made it onto the cover of Vogue, and just last month Joan Smalls made it onto Elle. How refreshing is it to see someone on the cover who doesn't have a cookbook to push or a movie to promote? I say let the models reclaim their covers!

Editorial wise its not really the most interesting shoot I've ever seen but I'm just excited to have this issue in my hands. Daria has an interview inside as well which you can read here. ETA: If you didn't think she could be any more awesome she watches Game of Thrones. (Hopefully reads it too!).

The Edge of Spring
Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Stylist: Alastair McKimm

       

source: harpersbazaar.com

2 comments: